YMX VC042 - Product Trainer
Yokogawa Marex has an exciting new opportunity for a Product Trainer with a strong background in training, mentoring and coaching people who are working with complex software solutions in the process industry.
This is an ideal role for someone with a background in IT and/or Process Automation, who is looking for a role as an application expert, or a training professional with a background of delivering courses in IT and Process Automation.
Yokogawa provides advanced technologies and services in the areas of measurement, control, and information to customers across a broad range of industries, including energy, chemicals, materials, pharmaceuticals, food, and water. Around 18,000 employees work on all five continents with one corporate mission, to “co-innovate tomorrow”.
Yokogawa Marex, a Division of Yokogawa UK Limited, is a specialist software solutions company developing and delivering software solutions providing valuable insights and actionable information to operate facilities effectively, efficiently, and safely in a profitable and more sustainable way.
Our aim is to shape a better future for our planet through supporting the energy transition, (bio)technology, artificial intelligence, industrial cybersecurity, etc. We are committed to the United Nations sustainable development goals by utilizing our ability to measure and connect.
We are looking for a dynamic colleague who shares our passion for technology and cares for our planet. In return we offer great opportunities to grow yourself in a truly global enterprise where respect, value creation, collaboration, integrity, taking care of each other, and gratitude is highly valued.
As a Product Trainer, you will be:
- Responsible for all aspects of product training and education for Yokogawa’s Plant Information Management Solutions portfolio, both for Yokogawa’s customers and employees worldwide.
- Defining the training strategy to creating new courses, strengthening existing course content, leading training classes and providing a channel for ongoing development and education on a more immediate and interactive basis.
- Developing training curricula and schedules, researching new training technologies and methods as well as being involved in the product development cycle.
- Creating and maintaining user manuals and other materials such as FAQs and knowledge base articles.
- Organizing and presenting online training sessions using a virtual cloud-based classroom environment to facilitate attendees gaining or improving their skills and knowledge of Yokogawa’s Plant Information Management Solutions portfolio.
- Visiting customer sites for face-to-face training when a more direct and personal interaction is deemed to be beneficial to course attendees. The role may involve international travel to Yokogawa offices and customer locations across the world.
- Monitoring support calls and the company forum to identify just-in-time, bite-sized training and educational opportunities.
- An innovator; continuously learning about market drivers and applying creativity to develop new training materials and methods. Your enthusiasm and drive will see your ideas turned into structured training delivery that contribute to customer’s and Yokogawa’s strategic objectives and success.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Evaluate customer training requirements
- Deliver training courses
- Define training strategies
- Create new training courses
- Strengthen existing training courses
- Publish and maintain training materials and virtualized software environments
- Monitor support calls and the company forum to identify educational opportunities
- Keep up to date with market requirements and training methods
- Work with Yokogawa’s global offices to promote training and continuous learning
- Contribute knowledge and communication skills during the sales cycle
What we promise to offer:
- Freedom to carry out your role with autonomy.
- Exciting challenges within a mature organization that demands a high degree of individual responsibility and promotes initiatives.
- A healthy work-life balance, based at our office in Cowes on the Isle of Wight with a hybrid working model, with consideration for remote working and flexible working hours.
- A fun working atmosphere with various opportunities to work with awesome colleagues all over the world.
- Working hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 7.5 hours, Friday 7 hours. Flexibility will be required to meet customer and business needs.
- Contract Type: Permanent.
- Salary: Competitive depending on experience, and interesting extra benefits, including: Pension with company contribution of 5% and associated Death in Service cover, bonus scheme, healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with increments based on length of service.
- Innovative and advanced high-technology products and services.
- Excellent career opportunities within an international environment.
At Yokogawa we believe that our employees are crucial to our success. To help you maximize your potential, we offer an environment that actively encourages personal development and continuous learning (through internal and external trainings such as the leadership academy and sales academy, internal mobility, etc.)
What you will bring to us:
- Background of delivering courses in IT and Process Automation
- Background in IT and/or Process Automation
- Bachelor level Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Experience in interfacing with prospective trainees to determine training needs
- Background in Microsoft technologies general concepts, setup and configuration
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone and presentation
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personality types and to work with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated with initiative and drive to be successful and achieve targets
- Problem solving, analysing, attention to detail, establishing priorities, organizing time and making evaluative judgments
- Availability for international travel
- Enthusiasm, be customer focused, thrive on problem solving, have the desire for continuous quality improvement and be a team player
Desirable but not essential:
- Certification of Training Competence (for example CPLP)
- Hands-on experience with Plant Information Management System applications (Production reporting, Process to Business data integration, process trending and analysis etc.)
- Delivering demos in customer meetings and in marketing events
- Cyber security general concepts
- Alarm Management and Safety Management general concepts
Important for us
For Yokogawa diversity and inclusion is not just a human resources initiative or social to-do. It is something that we strongly believe and promote. We aim to recruit talent who dare to bring change to our organization with a diverse mindset and refreshing new views.
Yokogawa promotes a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We actively recruit, develop, and promote people from a variety of backgrounds who differ in terms of experience, knowledge, thinking styles, perspective, cultural background, and socioeconomic status. We will not discriminate based on any categorization of humankind. Yokogawa values differences and enables everyone to belong, contribute, succeed, and demonstrate their full potential.
We hire great people for great opportunities
Please visit our website Current Vacancies Yokogawa Marex to discover more about our employees’ stories and the career opportunities we offer.
For further information about this vacancy, or to apply, please contact YEF-YMX-Recruitment@yokogawa.com with your CV and covering letter. All applications to be submitted by email, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Click here to download job advert as a pdf