Reference Code: VC025
Yokogawa Marex has an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Manager. This is a management team position reporting directly to the Divisional Director, with a responsibility for leading multiple software development teams to deliver software solutions to process industries across the world.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Providing a major contribution to the creation and realization of the vision, mission and strategic goals of the division
- To translate the divisions long-term strategic plan into mid and short-term department plans, ensuring the direction and performance of the department activities
- Managing the department within the departmental targets including budget, quality, schedule and stakeholder expectation
- Continually optimizing the department’s processes, systems and procedures, considering the impact on all stakeholders
- Developing an expert team who are motivated, skilled and cooperative, resulting in high quality output, executed effectively and efficiently
Required background and skills:
- A proven background in software development with a strong understanding of software development principles and methodologies
- Experience and demonstrable success in managing software development teams
- A strategic thinker with a proven track record in applying innovation, strategic planning and operational planning to develop strategies for success
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills in order to gain buy in from key stakeholders
- A problem solver who is able to systematically think through the facts, diagnose the situation, and find accurate and workable solutions
The role will involve some international travel to Yokogawa offices and customer locations across the world.
This role is a full-time position, normal working hours of 37 hours per week. We offer a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience, bonus scheme, pension scheme, healthcare plan and 25 days annual leave per year plus Bank Holidays.
Please submit your CV and letter of application, including salary expectations and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download job advert as PDF